Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 38

I saw all of my family yesterday for Thanksgiving. Most of whom I hadn't seen since surgery. It was very nice because most everyone was so positive w/comments, either saying I didn't look that different, but my bite looked great (which I'm happy with) or saying that they could see the changes to my profile (which I'm also happy with). I only had one family member, who's first comment with hand gestures was, "your jaw is huge"...you look like that guy, what's his name? Oh yeah, Jaws". Um thanks. I'm only semi offended, this relative is a known grump since, well, birth I'm told.
It seems every one of us has had at least one instance of mean post-surgery commentary, so glad to get it out of the way. It was also soon shrugged off when my aunt told my lips looked luscious;)

Anyway, it really was a lovely day and most everyone was so supportive and excited for me. I ate lots of mashed and chopped up food!!

Can't wait to try chewing on Tuesday!!

1 comment:

  1. What?! There is no way your jaw looks huge! Don't listen to him, you look great!

    ReplyDelete