Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Braceface: The Wedding!

Hello everyone!!! It's been a hectic 9 weeks, which culminated in an amazing celebration this past weekend. Jeff and I had our hand in almost every aspect of the wedding and tried to make it as personal and intimate as possible with 85 guests (we have big families!!!).

We got married at his brother and sister-in-law's house, wrote the ceremony, had his brother marry us, I created all the decorations and we put together our own iPod music mix to be played through a borrowed sound system. The only thing that wasn't homemade was the dinner, which was ordered in from a restaurant.

It was absolutely magical!!!

First, the teeth.... I ended up getting two veneers on my two upper central incisors. They turned out really nice;) It was pretty painless. Just 2 x hour long appointments set a week apart. My teeth were finally ready the Wednesday before the wedding.

And now on to more fun stuff!!!

We had an amazing photographer, who has shared a handful of images with us. This is my favorite of the two of us. 



Table numbers & dinner menu. 

Creating my pennant flag garlands. I sewed 300 yards!




My faux black board signs. They turned out great!
Our families busted their butts to get everything ready! I never thought I'd
enlist my dad to arrange flowers with me! I am very proud of my bouquet!

This was my absolute favorite project. I ordered plain wooden peg dolls
and created this cake topper of the three of us.




And of course, this is the best picture from the day. Thomas was our Best Man. 
His speech and song (bruno mars "count on me") left everyone in tears!










Jeff's brother, now known as the "Reverend" Mikey and my new niece Katie! 
My new sister-in-law and hostess with the mostest.
Enjoying a bottle at the end of the night;)
This is after everyone went home. We didn't want the night to end and didn't want to turn the beautiful lights off. 









These mason jars were party favors we had etched with our initials and date. We used as table assignments
and glasses for the guests to use throughout the night!











12 comments:

  1. Oh my God Amanda! Congrats!! You look absolutely beautiful!!!!
    Everything does look magical. Wonderful family you have.
    What a happy ending to the jaw surgery saga and great new beginning of the rest of your life.
    This post made me smile and get tears in my eyes of happiness for you and hope for all of us.
    Nothing is more important than love and family.
    Amazing photography as well......who was the photographer?
    I absolutely love how you put the wedding touches together.
    You should do that for a living!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, you were such a stunning bride! I am so happy for you! You did an amazing job putting everything together, and it was perfect. Best wishes to you, Jeff and Thomas on the next chapter in your lives together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I am so happy:)

    My photographer was Kersti Kooiman.
    She is amazing. https://www.facebook.com/kersti.kooiman?hc_location=stream

    xoxo!
    No longer Amanda "K"... now Amanda VF (very fancy new last name)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God !!! Amanda you look stunning!! Congratulations <3! I am so happy you found a stunning smile and soul mate in this jaw journey, so happy for you doll wish you all the best <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My God Amanda I'm actually tearing up!!!

    Those photos are amazing, you both looked beautiful- Your smile was beaming! And the whole idea just looked perfect! So clever and intimate!

    Your post has totally won me over- I've changed my mind on marriage and weddings now! haha



    ReplyDelete
  6. She was one of the most beautiful brides I've ever seen and the wedding was lovely. If the wedding is any indication of how these two are when they work together then their marriage is gonna be the stuff of love songs. They did a great job. What a team! - from Reverend Mikey's wife and one of the new sister in law

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda your wedding picutres are stunning!! You looked so wonderful and I am so happy for you :) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are so beautiful they belong in a magazine. You can truly see the joy in these pictures. I am so happy for you :D Thank you for sharing the beautiful story of your wedding with us here on blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the both of you. You look absolutely stunning! I hope it was all you dreamed of and for a long, happy life together.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for another fantastic blog. Where else could I get this kind of information written in such an incite full way? I have a project that I am just now working on, and I have been looking for such information… Regards…

    online ordination

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful and your smile is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete