Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Braceface: 37 Weeks Pregnant!

Hello everyone! (If anyone is still reading this blog)

I think in my last post I mentioned that I think of surgery everyday... well, shortly after I wrote that post, things began to change. Basically, pregnancy kicked in and that's where my mind has been!

I have found that the mental prep for braces/jaw surgery and pregnancy/birth is weirdly similar. Both having dragged out prep-time, waiting for 'the date" and followed by an amazing outcome. Well, my "date" is very close. I'm due May 7th and can really go at any time now that I'm 37 weeks. There may have been something with my experience at the hospital, insurance and doctors with jaw surgery (even though everyone was wonderful), because we've decided to go with a midwife at home (apparently I AM a California hippie!). I've had a super easy pregnancy, no nausea or any other complications. We are having a boy and Jeff, Thomas and I are BEYOND excited. I've asked my ortho how soon we can bring the baby in for an appointment;)

Here are some pics!

These are from this weekend... I am ready!!!




Jeff and I went to Maui for a Honeymoon/Babymoon. I was around 26 weeks. I was definitely the most pregnant tourist on the island. There is NOTHING more liberating that hanging your belly out of a bikini;)


Thanks everyone for support. Please feel free to link up on FB or send me an email welbyway at gmail. 

xo,
Amanda 

6 comments:

  1. Amanda!!!!
    I checked your blog a week ago and was hoping everything was well. So glad to see you posting! You are so beautiful! So happy for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!! oh my god I pop on here for the first time in ages and everything has changed! A belated Congratualtions Amanda! You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, you are so blessed! You look absolutely beautiful. It's amazing that you will soon be holding your little one in your arms.

    I think homebirth-ing is a fantastic. I actually considered it, but I was too high-risk. You are so strong--trust your body and the end result will be priceless!

    Best wishes (and don't forget to share that beautiful baby with us in the blogger world). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Thinking of you & hoping you are enjoying these first days of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cece! Thanks so much for checking in. I actually hit 41 weeks today - one week past my due date. We are anxiously awaiting our little boy's arrival, trying to be patient! Hopefully the next day or two! I will keep you posted;)
    xoxo,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete