Monday, May 18, 2015

Still numb after all these years...

Hello lovelies! 

My surgery was on October 16th, 2012. It has been 2 years and 7 months. I don't think about the drama of surgery often (it's been replaced by child birth!), though I still can't help but admire my bite every time I am in front of a mirror. To those who are going through this, I know you can relate! Having had an ugly bite for most of your life sticks with you! 

The status of my face: 
- Still wearing my retainers every night. Though my bite is not perfect, it still thrills me every time I smile. 
- My left jaw/TMJ joint is a little clicky. Nothing painful, but it happens every-so-often for me to notice. 
- My range of motion is fantastic. I don't notice anything out of the ordinary. 
- Numbness... check:( Description from my last blog post still holds true: The gums of my upper front 6 teeth are still numb, as is part of my upper lip - where the lip meets my gums. It really doesn't bother me. I only notice when I brush my teeth or when I'm writing blog posts;)

Oil Pulling & Frankincense
To this last point I am going to attempt something for the next 30 days to see if it works. Oil Pulling! Here's a good blog about it. I'm going to use coconut oil & Frankincense essential oil (from DoTerra). I started getting into essential oils recently (some are amazing, some don't help), but Frankincense is known as liquid gold and is one of the most healing oils around (learn more here). This may hippy dippy California mumbo jumbo, but I'm going to try it!  I will check back in to let you know my progress. 

Oh, here's an update on my little family: 

Charlie just turned 1! He is such a sweet boy. His feet are doing great, he only has to wear his leg braces at night. He's walking, babbling and loves his brother and doggies. 


My buddy 

Best friends
Big Boy!

Dada


14 comments:

  1. Oh my word! Charlie is too cute for words. Your little men are beautiful. Glad to hear all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to see a new post! You've got a great smile! Wish we could see it more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to know all the story .Really you got a new smile.Braces Pembroke Pines

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire how you were able to document your experiences on braces and jaw surgery, Amanda! It takes a lot of dedication and commitment. I'm glad that you are happy with the result. Cheers!

    Victor Peterson@ DrFarole.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Glad to hear you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! Glad to hear you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You mentioned here that you are trying oil pulling. How is that going post-braces?

    Dan

    P.S. To learn the difference between clear braces, invisible braces and incognito braces go here:

    http://www.clearlybraces.com/difference-between-clear-invisible-incognito-braces/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You mentioned here that you are trying oil pulling. How is that going post-braces?

    Dan

    P.S. To learn the difference between clear braces, invisible braces and incognito braces go here:

    http://www.clearlybraces.com/difference-between-clear-invisible-incognito-braces/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just come back here to see how all my bracebuddies are doing, and I'm sad at all the spam on our blogs.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank-you for keeping this blog available. I am going to the same surgeon you went to. Reading about your experience has been very helpful for me to prepare mentally for my surgery. In my web search moments, I always come back to your experiences to keep things in focus.

    ReplyDelete
  13. An important number of plastic surgeons decide to concentrate their practice on cosmetic surgery, and therefore, the terms are frequently used interchangeably. Learn more about Calgary plastic surgery on this site.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Erstaunlicher Beitrag!
    Wirklich hilfreicher Inhalt, ich weiß es zu schätzen.
    Danke für diese nützlichen Informationen.
    Aligner

    ReplyDelete