Thursday, July 14, 2011

Molars out!

Had molars taken out this morning. The experience was definitely interesting. They brought me back to the room and as soon as I lay down they placed the nitrous over my nose and covered me with a blanket. After about two minutes I was VERY comfortable and VERY relaxed. A couple minutes later the doctor came in, asked me how I was doing, I told him fine and asked him how HE was doing and if his hand was feeling steady. He assured me 'yes' and proceeded to put the IV in my arm. And here's how the chain of events felt like they happened: They started putting cotton/gauze in my mouth, rearranged it a bit, took it out then told me I was done. I was very confused, I don't remember losing consciousness. My mom said I kept asking how long I was in there for and if they were sure they were done. In hindsight it was a very nice experience! What really made me laugh is that a few hours later I looked at my phone and I had about 6 pictures of myself in the recovery area. I asked my mom about it and she said I had taken them. All in the spirit of the blog I guess! So, even though every pic is terrible and is of no purpose, I have to post at least one since I made the effort. Cheers to all and I hope everyone has a great weekend:)


  1. Yay, you're on your way! That's funny about your experience going under... I had the exact same thing happen when I had my wisdom teeth out back when I was 18. I remember feeling relaxed, the IVs going in, the doc asking me how I felt, the nurses, and then what seemed like only seconds later, I am in a completely different room wondering how the heck I got there. Of course, it had actually been over an hour, and the teeth were out already. I had the hardest time getting my mind around how I lost two hours of my life...

  2. Hi Amanda!
    You got to like that...sit down and then the next thing you know you are waking up in the recovery room... Glad everything went well for you - you are on your way to the next step!

    Take it easy and enjoy the weekend!

  3. I know what you mean about not remembering anything!! My boyfriend recorded me in recovery and I watch it now not recalling anything that happened. Hope you're healing well!! I found I felt better pretty fast with the painkillers. Did they give you tylenol 3s?