Thursday, December 1, 2011

Progress Report

Hi kids,
It's been so long since I've posted, sorry! I had an appointment with my OD yesterday. He finally changed my arch wire! Yay and owchie!!! The real push is to expand my very narrow bite. He thinks the summer is a more likely time for surgery (I was hoping for spring). I am really noticing changes to the alignment of my teeth, which is really exciting. Here's a comparison of Day One and today. Progress!



Aug. 22, 2011 - Day One


Dec. 1, 2011 - Month 3, Day 9


They added a spring between my upper lateral incisor and cuspid on both sides. This is to add a small space so that my surgeon can make a proper chop... I also have the lovely power chain on my lower left to help straighten out my left central incisor.

Happy December!
Amanda




9 comments:

  1. Your teeth have moved so much! They are getting so straight! Isn't it awesome to see the progress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your teeth are looking good! Such a big change already. Surgery will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the progress Amanda, I wish I was surgery ready next year! Comparison photos are the best, you don't realize how much your teeth have actually moved until you take a new picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! It really does feel great to actually see a difference. Especially after all those weeks of comparing photos. It's even more amazing to look in the mirror and notice. I can't imagine what it's going to be like after surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will probably be getting my surgery next summer (I was hoping for spring too!) so maybe we will be surgery buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, that would be great if we were!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, your teeth already look AMAZING!! I'm kinda drooling with envy over here..I've had my braces since May and yours are straighter! My OD says I have super stubborn teeth and a verrry narrow lower jaw (hence my need for surgery, duh hehe) so progress has been pretty slow..I was hoping next summer would be my surgery time, but at my latest tightening last month they said it'll most likely be another year..bummer but what can ya do right!

    Congrats again on such great progress..I'm really loving your blog..everyone who shares their stories is really helping me. I'm still too self-conscious to blog but maybe I'll get brave and share some pics one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on all of your progress! I'm a new patient of Dr. Hang's and would love to talk to you off line if you have any time. Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kristen! That so fantastic, congrats! I LOVE Dr. Hang. He is truly the best. I'm so excited you found me on here. In case you haven't seen it, here's another one of Dr. Hang's patients: http://www.thejawstory.org/ She went to Dr. Wolford in May and just got her braces off - her case was very severe. Are you doing surgery or just ortho? Dr. Wolford or Dr. Henry? Feel free to either email me (welbyway"at"gmail) or give me a call! 646-932-2926, I would love to talk more:)

    ReplyDelete